The Tricycle editors beat me to it. It’s Obon season! Last year I posted a quote and link to Rev. Patti Usuki’s explanation of the Obon holiday. Below is a list of the remaining Obon festivals in Southern California.
- Orange County Buddhist Church (July 17–18)
- Guadalupe Buddhist Church (July 18)
- Pasadena Buddhist Temple (July 24–25)
- Vista Buddhist Temple (July 24–25)
- West Los Angeles Buddhist Temple (July 24–25)
- Higashi Honganji Buddhist Temple (July 24–25)
- Buddhist Temple of San Diego (July 31)
- Gardena Buddhist Church (July 31–August 1)
- San Luis Obispo Buddhist Temple (August 7)
- Las Vegas Buddhist Temple (August 14)
If you’re in Southern California, you should check out festival celebrations in Orange County and Guadalupe today. Remember that you can always buy your kachi kachi at Marukai!