This week began with Asalha Puja, the holiday commemorating Lord Buddha’s recitation of the Dhammacakkapavattana Sutta. Below I’ve collected links of some other bloggers who have written related thoughts.
- The Buddhist Channel has a short introduction to the significance of Vassa in Theravada Buddhism.
- Phra Cittasamvaro also provides some thoughts on the history and significance of Vassa.
- Buddha Space presents a lengthy look into the Dhammacakkapavattana Sutta.
- Sister Phalanyani will stay in Northern California for this retreat at the Awakening Forest Hermitage.
- Ajahn Sujato will be forgoing blogging during Vassa.
- Ashin Sopaka is spending Vassa at Wat Arun in Thailand.
- Phra Noah Yuttadhammo will be spending Vassa in Moorpark, where he celebrated Asalha Puja.
For this Vassa, I’m committing myself to sitting at least an hour a day. I usually fail to make time for sitting every day, so we’ll have to see how well this goes. Hopefully I can maintain this habit for all of Vassa—and onward too…