Plenty of excitement in the Buddhist blogosphere touching on our racialized society and discussions of white privilege. Here’s a timeline with the last sentence of each post provided.
- Reflections on a Multiracial Buddhist Retreat « Asian Nation(Wednesday, July 15, 2009) “These two incidents go to show that even at an event that shows us the peace, harmony, and mindfulness that exists in American society and among people from all kinds of backgrounds, in many ways, American society is still quite racialized, even if most of us may be completely oblivious to such dynamics.”
- Race and Retreats « Barbara’s Buddhism blog (Thursday, July 16, 2009) “I suspect both of these examples were dharma teaching opportunities that were missed.”
- Annoying Asians and White Privilege « Angry Asian Buddhist(Friday, July 17, 2009) “It’s worth reading the whole piece and Barbara O’Brien’s post too.”
- Privileged White Buddhists? « Progressive Buddhism (Sunday, July 19, 2009) “I would like to hear everyone’s opinion on this.”
- Filthy Filthy White Buddhists « Sweep the dust, Push the dirt(Sunday, July 19, 2009) “If I was half white and half Asian, does that mean I am only half privileged and half lazy?”
If you know of other posts on this thread, please feel free to drop a comment below.